Monday, February 27, 2012

Day Three

Well day three went pretty well. We completed 6 laps but we had to stop at these clipboards and do some type of activity at each one so that slowed down our ability to do more laps. Charity was not very happy about not completing her 10 laps and there is not much I can do for her feelings on the issue. However, We are learning to participate in the program according to the rules and for Charity that is a real stretch because of her Autism. She is often resistant to doing things the way people want her to do them if that conflicts with her own ideas. So for now the growth is not in how far we went or how fast we went there but in how well she is coping with following the rules and the directions that she was given.

So far there has not been a meltdown over the issue so we will just keep plugging along and see how well she does. This is going to be a short post because I am exhausted. I am still nursing a hurt ankle and we are still doing swimming so taking time to write a great deal tonight is just not something I can handle right now. I am trying to actually blog on the day we do GOTR rather than the next day. This is a stretch for me physically so again we will just see how well this goes. For now I am going to go do my swim blog and then I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment